Interested in selling your art online? Read this article and discover everything you need to know about selling artwork online!
A lot of artists sell artwork themselves, online, at art fairs or at cooperative galleries. But just because you are an artist that does not mean that you know how to sell your artwork. As a matter of fact, most of the artists struggle with marketing and sales and sometimes they face disappointments.
In this article, we are going to show you how to sell your work by using the 5 W’s or Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How!
- Who – You should ask yourself who should you sell your artwork to? Who is your target audience? By targeting exactly who your ideal audience is, you will be able to direct your marketing and sale efforts specifically for them.
- What – You should ask yourself what is that you make? You should be ready to talk about your work, share your story, and share your passion when you do it. You should help your followers find their way into your artwork.
- Where – You need to determine where you are going to sell your artwork – art galleries, museums, art fairs or online. Think outside the box and make your own plan. Follow your target audience and you will know where to sell.
- When – You should always be ready to sell your artwork. Have business cards on you, flyers, and ensure your website is working as well. Opportunities don’t wait for you to get your promoting materials together. You are a professional artist now and you never know when you will have an opportunity to sell your products or meet someone who can open a door for you. You should be ready for your success.
- Why – Why you are an artist and why you sell your artwork? You need to know how to present this to your audience. Talk about what makes your work different and about your style. You can prepare a portfolio for presentations.
- How – The art environment is small but it is still a part of the business world. You build a reputation by acting like a professional.
By using the 5W’s and the H you will successfully invest time and marketing into your artwork, you will attract buyers to your work, and build the career of your dreams.
Here’s some of the most popular articles that you can check: The 10 Rules of Buying & Selling Furniture Online
— peanutroaster (@quotable_westie) 3 de mayo de 2017