Planning on selling your furniture online? You have come to the right place! Follow our step-by-step guidance and learn how to sell your furniture in just 5 easy steps!
Are you ready to get rid of your old furniture? Are you ready to sell your furniture online? Low-quality photos won’t find you any potential buyers. In order to get the most money for your furniture and get rid of the items you don’t want in your house anymore, you need to follow our step-by-step guidance.
In this article, we are going to present you 5 simple steps you need to follow to successfully sell your furniture online:
- Take Great Photos – If you want to find potential buyers and to sell your old furniture as soon as possible, you need to take great photos. The first thing you need to do is to turn off the flash when taking pictures. Natural lighting is much better than flash because the natural lighting captures the true color of the subject and doesn’t create any spotlights or shadows.
- Show Scale – It is essential to involve a photographer of your furniture in a lifestyle setting. This will help you to show scale which is crucial. After all, the online buyers can’t touch or feel the furniture and it is really hard to picture the size of the chair or couch from the measurements only.
- Describe the Furniture – It is crucial to describe the furniture you are selling. Use detailed descriptions so you can present the beauty and value of your furniture to your potential clients. The secret is to go beyond simple explanation or describing what the piece of furniture is and make the potential customer fall in love with it.
- Provide Details – Another crucial step you need to consider. Make sure to include the furniture’s design in the description, who manufactured it, when was it made, and etc. Since most of the people are looking for a specific color, style or shape they will enter those keywords when they are searching online. The more specific you are – the better.
- Go Beyond Craigslist – There are many e-commerce platforms designed for selling furniture online. Besides Craigslist, you can try AptDeco, Viyet, Krrb, Chairish, and more. Choose the best site according to your needs!
Additional Reading: Marketplace Online
So, are you ready now to sell your furniture online? Good luck!
— Real Simple (@RealSimple) 3 de febrero de 2017